It was another successful chocolate project again this year.
As is the tradition we gathered at the home of our fearless leader and took over the entire ground floor of the house, which was spotlessly prepped and reorganized, to accommodate an intense and fun day of chocolate making.
I’m coming up to my 20th year of involvement in this chocolate circle.
Here are some facts from the day:
- 506 3/4 lb boxes of high quality and delicious hand-rolled, hand-dipped chocolates
- More than 13,000 chocolates made
- 10 flavours (down one from 2012 ~ no caramels this year), including cherry, mint, lemon, lime, orange, chocolate, maple, rum, nut and raisin clusters and butter crunch. All fondants made last week.
- cupped and boxed by hand
- 15 participants
- We started at 9 a.m. and finished at 10 p.m. with breaks for lunch and dinner
- I came home with 60 boxes to give away as Christmas gifts
- I do have a naughty list 😉
My post today is rather cryptic as I’m in adrenal recovery mode. I rather over-extended myself yesterday and awoke with a health crisis this morning. Am gradually feeling better and happy to keep up with my NaBloPoMo commitment.
Sorry, no peeking inside a chocolate box or you might drool on your computer keyboard … 😉
Thanks for visiting …
©Dorothy Chiotti, Aimwell CreativeWorks 2013